PHOTO FEATURE | 50 IMAGES
The Defence Ministry of the Russian Federation held the ARMY 2018 International Military and Technical Forum in August 2018 where hundreds of thousands of visitors and many military delegations from around the world attended.
This well organised event took place at the Patriot Park Expo Centre in Kubinka, 50km west of Moscow and combines a massive exhibition of military hardware and dynamic demonstration of military equipment.
During ARMY 2018, more than 200 pieces of equipment were demonstrated at different sites daily. We visited the Kubinka Airfield for the aviation displays and the Alabino Military Training Ground for the ground forces demonstrations.
The demonstrations showed off some of the best in Russian hardware. There were the full range of aircraft on display at the Kubinka Air Base from the Tu-95 Bear to the Su-34 Fighters. Basically everything the Russian Aerospace Forces flies was there except for the Su-57 and Su-35. At the Alabino range, the latest equipment in active service was showcased. These includes the T-90M MBTs, BMP-1AM IFVs, ZSU-23-4M AA vehicle and the TOS-1 MRLS.
ARMY2019 will be held on 25-30 Jun 2019
Here are some of the photos we captured during our two day visit. This is a massive event and the scale of it is not matched anywhere else in the world. Only in Russia!
01. Monument of Marshal Zhukov at Patriot Park Expo Centre
02. Main entrance to the exhibition halls of ARMY2018
03. T-15 Armata Infantry Fighting Vehicle with 57mm Cannon and ATM 9M120 “Ataka”
04. Mobile ballistic missle launcher 15U168 Topol
05. Static display T-80A Main Battle Tank
06. A lady visitor at the ARMY2018 exhibition
07. Visitors take photos with the Mi-35 Hind
08. Almost every Russian made UAV was on display. Here is the Eleron-3SV Remote surveillance system.
09. Russian soldier watches over static tank displays at the Alabino Live Firing Range.
10. Children checks out the static display tanks after the live firing demonstrations at the Alabino Live Firing Range.
11. 9A52-4 ‘Tornado-G’ 122/220 mm MLRS firing a salvo
12. TOS-1A Heavy Flame Thrower System moving into position for firing
13. The first 220mm rocket leaves the TOS-1A covered in smoke and dust
14. Tank crew of the T-80E1 MBT readying for the demonstration
15. T-90S MBT with its crew ready to roll out
16. T-80E1 MBT makes an emergency stop during the tank ballet performance
17. Kamov Ka-29 “Helix-B” Assualt Transport helicopter on static display at the Patriot Park Expo Centre
18. Main entrance to the Air Forces Demo Cluster at Kubinka Airfield
19. Dark clouds above the Tu-160 “White Swan”
20. Tupolev Tu-160 “White Swan” strategic bomber and one of the crew member at static display
21. Tupolev Tu-95mc strategic bomber is the latest version of the “Bear” that has been in service with the Russian Air Force since 1957
22. Tupolev Tu-22m3 “Backfire” swing wing strategic bomber in its latest upgraded form
23. Ilysushin Il-38n Anti Submarine aircraft
24. Beriev A-50u Airborne Early Warning and Control aircraft
25. Carrier-based multirole fighter Mikoyan MiG-29k “Fulcrum” with wings folded
26. Modernised Kamov Ka-27m “Helix” multipurpose helicopter of the Russian Navy
27. Pilot of the Ka-27m Helix helicopter
28. Russian Air Force Sukhoi Su-24m “Fencer” all weather attack aircraft
29. Russian Air Force Mikoyan MiG-31bm “Foxhound” interceptor
30. Base personnel in Kubinka Airfield going around taking pictures of the event
31. One of the many young soldiers standing guard around the aircrafts in the static display area
32. Infraed Red Search and Track sensor of the MiG-29k “Fulcrum”
33. A soldier on grass cutting duty as a pair of MiG-29s of the Swifts Aerobatic Team takes off
34. Mirror pass performed by the MiG-29s of the Swifts
35. Six ship formation of the Swifts as they overfly the Kubinka Airfield
36. A pair of Russian Knights Su-27sm “Flankers” take off with full afterburning to begin their display sequence
37. Diamond formation of the four Russian Knights Su-27sm “Flankers”
38. Russian Air Force Su-34 “Fullback” fighter bomber performs a vertical climb
39. Su-34 “Fullback” taxiing back to flight line after its performance
40. Russian Air Force Su-30sm “Flanker” aerial display
41. Russian Air Force Su-30sm “Flanker” performs a low level fly past
42. Chutes deployed as the Su-30sm “Flanker” turns of the runway after landing
43. Yakovlev Yak-130 demonstration aircraft pulls up during its aerial display performance
44. Four ship formation of Mi-28n “Night Stalker” of the Golden Eagles Helicopter Aerobatics display team.
45. Frontal view of the Mi-28n “Night Stalker” attack helicopter
46. Side view of the Mi-28n “Night Stalker” attack helicopter
47. Kamov Ka-52 “Alligator” side profile showing the huge 30mm cannon and rocket pod
48. Kamov Ka-52 “Alligator” performing one of the most amazing helicopter displays ever.
49. A Russian Knights Su-27sm “Flanker” lands on the runway as they complete their aerial display performance.
50. Salute to the crowd as a Russian Kinght taxis past ending the aerial demonstrations